We have shown some techniques that can be used to manage the cache size and refresh records in the cache. If we add this to the Caching Architecture we get the following:
- Create a cache.
- Create a procedure to empty the cache.
- Create a switch for the cache, a public procedure to “set” the switch and a function to verify what the switch is set to.
- Create a read, write and query procedure.
- Create Procedures to refresh the cache content.
- Create a global variable to store the maximum cache size, a public procedure to “set” the size and a function to verify what the size is set to.
- Create a data retrieval function.
- Create a log procedure.
In the next part of the series we will add procedures that monitor the effectiveness of our cache.
blog comments powered by