These tasks include:
In part two, this was the sample output of our work:
Suppose you would like to change that to:
The following are the tasks that need to be done:
Let's implement these changes in this article one by one.
Changing Drupal Themes, logo, favicon.ico
To change themes from Garland to Fusion Starter:
1. First, download the theme from http://drupal.org/project/fusion. Scroll down the page until you see the download link. If you are using Drupal 6.19, then you need to download 6.x-1.0
Download the archive file (containing the theme files) to your Ubuntu download folder.
2. Extract the archive file by right clicking on it, and then click "Extract here."
3. Copy the extracted folder named "fusion" to your Drupal themes folder in XAMPP htdocs.
Important note: Some themes require another module to be enabled. For example, the "Fusion" theme requires the "skinr" module. So you need to install that module first, before activating the theme.
4. Log in as administrator and then go to Administer-> Site building -> Themes.
5. The fusion theme has three components, namely the "Fusion core," "Fusion Starter" and "Fusion Starter lite." Enable these three components by checking on them.
This is how it looks after making these changes:
7. Finally, click "Save configuration" to implement the changes.
To add the website logo and favicon.ico:
1. Log in as administrator and go to Administer -> Themes.
2. In the "Fusion Starter" theme, click the "configure" link.
3. Scroll down and look for "Logo image" settings. You need to find the image saved on your computer and use "Upload logo image" to use that image as your website logo.
Do not click "Save configuration" yet.
4. Now, under "Short icon settings," upload the website icon image. This is your website favicon.ico. The image dimension should be 16 x 16 pixels.
5. Finally, click "Save configuration."
Enabling the Drupal Blog Module and Adding Sample Text
You can easily enable the blog module and add sample text. These are included as built-in modules in Drupal. Assuming you are already logged in as administrator:
To add a sample blog entry:
If you would like to add another posts, repeat the above steps.
To add a "Recent blog post" block according to the location provided in the second screen shot of this article:
blog comments powered by Disqus